Mobility grant for doctoral research on contemporary china – 2015 campaign
The Scientific Board of research institutes in Asia attached to the French Foreign Ministry awards one nine-month PhD scholarship during its annual meeting in the spring. The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of 1625 Euros, round-trip air travel from Europe to Hong Kong, China or Taiwan (when applicable), transportation of luggage up to 200 Euros and repatriation insurance.
- be citizens of a member State of the European Union
- be currently enrolled as PhD candidates in the field of the Social Sciences or Humanities at a French university or a university in a member State of the European Union, or an institution associated with the CEFC.
- reside in either Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China during the length of their scholarship.
- submit a research project relevant to the scientific mission of the CEFC, which is to study the political, economic, social and cultural developments in the contemporary Chinese world.
Awardees will be encouraged to submit an article and, when applicable, book reviews, to the journal China Perspectives published by the CEFC.
- a research project;
- a detailed CV;
- a cover letter;
- two recommendation letters from recognized scholars in the field.
The selection will be based upon the following criteria which should be outlined clearly in the research project :
- Aims of the research;
- Methodology, Sources, Fieldwork;
- Provisional Calendar;
- Scientific collaboration with Chinese and European Institutions;
- Expected Results (publication projects…);
- Writing skills in French.
Complete applications must be submitted in a single PDF file (max: 10 pages, 1.5 line spacing), addressed to the Director of the CEFC, by email to Alfred Aroquiame (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2015” on or before January 15, 2015.
The recommendation letter should be sent directly by the PhD supervisor
- by email to Alfred Aroquiame (email@example.com) or by ordinary mail (in this case it must reach the CEFC by January 15, 2015)
- to M. Sebastian Veg, CEFC, 20/F Wanchai Central Bldg. 89 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Please send the single PDF file of the above application to Madame Aude Debarle at Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs by email only (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject: “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2015”.