On December 20, 2012, an UrbaChina workshop was held in Paris. Every European academic member of the consortium was represented. Cristina Marcuzzo (European Commission) attended this meeting and highlighted the importance of the UrbaChina FP7 programme on the future of EU-China academic relations. This meeting was an opportunity for the participants to review the work and progress made so far.
From left to right: Hanna Ai (CNRS), Cristina Marcuzzo (EU commission), Stephan Feuchtwang (LSE), Jacqueline Nivard (EHESS), François Gipouloux (CNRS), Athar Hussain (LSE), Andrea Ricci (ISIS)
Each workpackage leader presented to the audience his or her first fieldtrip results and his or her observations about a particular topic on China’s urbanisation trends.
- Prof. Gipouloux (CNRS) and Prof. Daniels (University of Birmingham) focused on the consequences of fiscal policies on urban design and service industries in Chinese cities.
- Prof. Hussain (LSE) presented the audience with his latest results of studies on property rights in Chongqing.
- After a presentation on urban planning, Prof. Bina (ICS) and Dr. Ricci (ISIS) focused on the predominance of economic growth as the main driving force behind urban policies in China.
- Prof. Feuchtwang (LSE) pointed out the difficulties that municipalities face in building low cost housing.
Management and dissemination issues were also discussed during this workshop. Participants agreed to increased cooperation for fieldtrips. They also decided to start conducting surveys on improving syllabuses for urban studies in Chinese and European academic institutions.
The second international UrbaChina conference, including both European and Chinese institutions, will be held in Kunming, China on June 3-5, 2013.
「城镇化中国」项目于2012年12月20日在巴黎召开欧盟伙伴会议，席中每一位欧盟成员皆出席，欧盟委员会（European Commission）的Cristina Marcuzzo在会议中再次强调了欧盟第七架盟下: 「城镇化中国」项目中，欧盟与中国伙伴间合作交流关系的重要性。此次会议的目的，在于提供与会者交流并检讨过去项目计划的缺失与改进方法。
- Gipouloux教授(法国国家科学研究院)与 Daniels教授(英国伯明翰大学)针对中国城市的税务政策与服务性产业发展提出看法。
- Bina教授(萄葡牙里斯本大学)与 Ricci博士(罗马系统整合研究中心)在介绍城市规划现况后，认为经济增长是中国城市政策实施的主要动力。
- Feuchtwang 教授 (伦敦政经学院)则针对城镇化中面对的困难提出看法，例如设立廉租房的议题等。
- Hussain 教授(伦敦政经学院)则介绍了他对于重庆产权的最新研究成果。
会议中也针对「城镇化中国」项目研究成果的管理与未来传播管道进行讨论，与会成员皆赞同未来各专题间共同参与调研的可能。在项目计划专题6 (Workpackage 6)中，未来将对中国与欧洲学术机构在促成城镇化发展中，所开设的课程进行比较研究。
Ph.D. in political science (EHESS, Paris); M.A. in social sciences (EHESS, Paris); M.A. in international relations (IRIS, Paris), B.A. (Hons) in international political studies (ESE - Nottingham Trent University)