PRES héSam « Paris Nouveaux Mondes » Centre d’études sur la Chine moderne et contemporaine (CECMC) UMR 8173 Chine, Corée, Japon (Paris, France)
To begin no later than 1rst July 2014, the One-year (non renewable) post-doctoral position Germaine Tillion funded by “Paris Nouveaux Monde” PRES heSam Research program will take place within the UMR 8173 Chine, Corée, Japon in Paris, France.
The position is dedicated to research, with no teaching. It is ranked at the “Contrat post-doctoral” level in the French system; the annual income is 47 K€. Field research expenses will be covered by the CECMC and the UMR 8173 and subject to prior approval.
- This programme targets applicants who obtained their doctorate outside the PRES heSam institutions.
- Applicants should hold a doctorate in anthropology of contemporary China, obtained within three years before the announcement of the position (hence after may 2011)
- Applicants must master the Chinese Language and have an experience of ethnographic fieldwork in China
- Research proposals should be relevant to the general theme of the project (see outline above). Preference will be given to candidate who further extent the fieldwork or analysis presented in their Ph.D. Knowledge of the research field related to Heritage is highly favored.
- Fieldwork will be preferably a small city localized in rural China.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have some knowledge of French. Applications may however be submitted in English or French.
Applicants are requested to submit
- a curriculum vitae (including list of publications),
- a research proposal on a topic related to the project (750 words maximum) – Summary of the applicant’s doctoral dissertation (max 2 pages)
- names and contacts of scholars who might serve as references
Applications must be delivered in a single PDF file, sent by e-mail only, to Caroline Bodolec by 1 Febuary 2014 at the latest.
The subject line of the e-mail will stipulate “Post-doc Patrimoine et Ville”.