On January 28th 2013 the Kick off meeting officially launched the EU funded project, POREEN (Partnering Opportunities between Europe and China in the Renewable Energies and Environmental iNdustries), a Marie Curie project focused on Europe-China cooperation in the green sector.
The POREEN project is funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme. It is a People Marie Curie Action – an International Research Staff Exchange Scheme – whose aim is to help research organisations to set up or strengthen long-term cooperation with others, through a coordinated exchange programme for their staff.
POREEN project aims at increasing the availability of interdisciplinary studies providing a comprehensive overview (technical, legal and economic) of Europe-China relations in the renewable energy and the environmental sectors in order to support the development of a more rapid, sustainable and flexible industry in these sectors.
Dr. Andrea Ricci (ISIS), member of the UrbaChina programme attended POREEN kick off meeting and made a presentation about UrbaChina)
Detailed information on the project, goals, activities and events can be found at: www.unimc.it/poreen
The Consortium is formed by 9 Institutions, University of Macerata (Prof. Francesca Spigarelli) is the coordinating institution.
- University of Macerata (Italy)
- Polytechnic University of Marche (Italy)
- Instituto Universitario di Studi Europei (Italy)
- Toulouse Business School (France)
- University of Ulster (United Kingdom)
- Beijing Normal University
- East China University of Political Science and Law
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Tongji University of Shnaghai