Prof. Ni Pengfei, a member of UrbaChina, is Director of the Urban and Real Estate Economy Research Unit in the Institute of Finance and Trade Economics at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. The interview with professor Ni was conducted by Wang Ang, the host of the TV show, Caijing mingren fang[財經名人訪], in August 2012, at China Central Television .
The questions put to professor Ni in this interview included the following:
- “What are the main problems and disadvantages that China encounters in the process of urbanisation?”
- “What are the causes of changes in cities’ competitiveness?”
- “Is China’s urbanisation proceeding too quickly?”
- “How does the household registration system influence urbanisation in China?”
- “What are the major problems and challenges that the Chinese government should deal with by 2015?”
Professor Ni expressed various points of views regarding urbanisation in China.
Source: TV show, Caijing mingren fang (http://jingji.cntv.cn/program/caijingmingrenfang/nipengfei/index.shtml), August 2012, interview conducted by the TV show, Caijing mingren fang. The presenter is Wang Ang.
As this interview was held in Chinese, the Urbachina team will publish an abstract of it in English, which will be posted on the February 5 blog.